At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antibacterials; Oxazolidinones
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia Corporation has been acquired by, and merged into, Pfizer
- 10 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)