Research programme: methylcarbapenems - Dainippon Sumitomo PharmaAlternative Names: SM 197436; SM 232721; SM-232724
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Carbapenems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (Parenteral)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 11 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Japan (Parenteral)