At a glance
- Originator Oscient Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action DNA inhibitors; RNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Nov 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Apr 2004 Genome Therapeutics is now called Oscient Pharmaceuticals
- 12 Feb 2004 GeneSoft has merged with Genome Therapeutics