At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 22 Aug 2003 A preclinical study has been added to the Bacterial Infections pharmacodynamics and antimicrobial activity sections