At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Developer AstraZeneca; Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; Tumour necrosis factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammatory bowel diseases; Rheumatic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2002 No-Development-Reported for Inflammatory bowel disease in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 17 Jan 2002 No-Development-Reported for Rheumatic disorders in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Rheumatic disorders in Sweden (Unknown route)