Research programme: serotonin/histamine antagonists - EvolutecAlternative Names: EV 598; rEV 598
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Evolutec
- Class Antiemetics; Antineoplastics; Glycoproteins
- Mechanism of Action Histamine release inhibitors; Serotonin receptor antagonists; Serotonin release inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malignant carcinoid syndrome; Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2006 Suspended - Preclinical for Emesis in United Kingdom (Parenteral)
- 14 Mar 2006 EV 598 is available for licensing (http://www.evolutec.co.uk)
- 05 Sep 2005 This compound is still in active development - (BIO-2005)