Latest Information Update: 29 Jun 2006
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Caspase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Septic shock
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Septic shock in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Feb 2004 This compound is still in active development
- 29 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Septic shock in USA (Unknown route)