Latest Information Update: 25 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Lundbeck Research USA
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 19 Mar 2003 Synaptic Pharmaceutical has been acquired by Lundbeck A/S
- 08 Feb 2002 Phase-I clinical trials for Depression in USA (Unknown route)