Plague vaccine intranasal - ID Biomedical/USAMRMCAlternative Names: Yersinia pestis vaccine intranasal - ID Biomedical/USAMRMC
Latest Information Update: 27 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator ID Biomedical Corporation; United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
- Class Plague vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pneumonic plague
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jun 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pneumonic plague in USA (Intranasal)
- 08 Dec 2005 ID Biomedical Corporation has been acquired by GlaxoSmithKline
- 23 Sep 2004 ID Biomedical was awarded up to US$8 million from the US NIH to develop a nasally delivered plague vaccine based upon the ID Biomedical's Proteosome™ technology