NN 344Alternative Names: NN344
Latest Information Update: 16 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Novo Nordisk
- Class Insulins
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Denmark (SC)
- 16 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Denmark (SC)
- 12 Jan 2006 Changed indication Diabetes mellitus to Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes mellitus as per Novo Nordisk's R&D Pipeline (Website, 11/01/2006)