Latest Information Update: 05 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2004 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2004 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Feb 2002 Clinical trials in Hyperlipidaemia in USA