VGV 1Alternative Names: Thymus nuclear protein; TNP; VGV-1
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Originator Viral Genetics
- Class Antiretrovirals; Carrier proteins
- Mechanism of Action HIV envelope protein gp41 inhibitors; Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Nov 2012 Viral Genetics is now called VG Life Sciences
- 15 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for HIV infections in Bulgaria (IM)
- 15 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Phase-III for HIV infections in South Africa (IM)