Research programme: retinoid X receptor alpha agonists - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: GW 0791; Retinoid X receptor alpha agonists research programme - GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Retinoid X receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Apr 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Apr 2002 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)