Latest Information Update: 17 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator ARIAD Pharmaceuticals
- Class Osteoporosis therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Musculoskeletal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2017 ARIAD Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Takeda
- 12 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Musculoskeletal disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Mar 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Musculoskeletal disorders in USA (unspecified route)