At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly
- Class Neuroprotectants; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Apr 2002 Preclinical trials in Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)