Research programme: restenosis therapies - NitroMed
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Boston Scientific Corporation; NitroMed
- Developer NitroMed
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronary artery restenosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2005 NitroMed and Boston Scientific have completed their collaboration on nitric oxide coated stents
- 31 Dec 2003 Nitromed and Boston Scientific have extended an agreement to co-promote and co-develop nitric oxide coated stents worldwide
- 30 Nov 2001 Preclinical trials in Coronary artery restenosis in USA (Implant)