GuanidinoethyldisulfideAlternative Names: GED; Gingivex; Guanidinoethyldisulfide bicarbonate; Inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibitor - Inotek Pharmaceuticals; iNOS inhibitor - Inotek Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Inotek Pharmaceuticals
- Class Guanidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide synthase type II inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gingivitis; Stomatitis; Uveitis
Most Recent Events
- 08 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Uveitis in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 08 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Stomatitis in USA (Topical)
- 08 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Gingivitis in USA (Topical)