BAL 8349Alternative Names: Aerothricin 132; BAL8349; RO 0098349
Latest Information Update: 01 Jul 2003
At a glance
- Originator Basilea Pharmaceutica; Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Class Antifungals; Depsipeptides
- Mechanism of Action Glucan synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mycoses
Most Recent Events
- 30 Oct 2002 Nippon Roche has been merged into Chugai Pharmaceutical
- 29 Apr 2002 Preclinical trials in Mycoses in Japan (unspecified route)
- 29 Apr 2002 Preclinical trials in Mycoses in Switzerland (unspecified route)