RadafaxineAlternative Names: '162; 353162; Bupropion metabolite; GW 353162
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics; Propiophenones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bipolar disorders; Fibromyalgia; Major depressive disorder; Neuropathic pain; Obesity; Restless legs syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Depression in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 06 Dec 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Obesity in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 22 Apr 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Neuropathic pain in United Kingdom (unspecified route)