Conjugated estrogens/trimegestone - WyethAlternative Names: Premarin®/Trimegestone; Trimegestone/conjugated estrogens; Trimegestone/Premarin®
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma; Wyeth
- Developer Wyeth
- Class Estradiol congeners; Norpregnadienes; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor agonists; Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2001 Phase-III clinical trials in Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (PO)
- 31 Aug 2001 Phase-III clinical trials in Menopausal syndrome in USA (PO)