Cord blood stem cell therapy - Aastrom BiosciencesAlternative Names: CB-I cord blood cell therapy
Latest Information Update: 17 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Aastrom Biosciences
- Class Antirheumatics; Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Tissue replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haematological malignancies
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Phase-III for Haematological malignancies in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Feb 2001 Phase-III clinical trials in Haematological malignancies in USA (unspecified route)