At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antirheumatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Collagenase inhibitors; Gelatinase inhibitors; Matrix metalloproteinase 3 inhibitors; Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors; Tumour necrosis factor-alpha convertase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Nov 2001 Discontinued - Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)
- 01 Jan 2001 Preclinical trials in Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)