At a glance
- Originator BioXell Inc; BioXell SpA
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Cyclohexanes; Hydroxycholecalciferols
- Mechanism of Action Vitamin D3 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 09 Dec 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Type-1-diabetes-mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Dec 2005 Suspended - Preclinical for Type-1-diabetes-mellitus in Italy (unspecified route)
- 28 May 2002 Preclinical trials in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)