ImiglitazarAlternative Names: TAK 559
Latest Information Update: 04 May 2005
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 30 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)
- 30 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Phase-III for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Phase-III for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (unspecified route)