Research programme: dopamine transporter inhibitors - Alseres PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: BLS 0605; DAT blockers - Alseres Pharmaceuticals; Dopamine reuptake inhibitors - Alseres Pharmaceuticals; O-1369
Latest Information Update: 12 May 2011
At a glance
- Originator Harvard University
- Developer Alseres Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine plasma membrane transport protein antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease