Metronidazole vaginal - Warner ChilcottAlternative Names: Controlled release metronidazole ring; Metronidazole controlled release; Metronidazole IVR; MetroRing
Latest Information Update: 25 Aug 2004
At a glance
- Originator Warner Chilcott
- Class Antibacterials; Antiprotozoals; Nitroimidazoles; Radiosensitisers; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial vaginosis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 25 Aug 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Bacterial vaginosis in Northern Ireland (Vaginal)
- 25 Aug 2004 Discontinued - Phase-III for Bacterial vaginosis in USA (Vaginal)