ABT 224Alternative Names: ABT-224; AU 224
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Gastrokinetics; Piperidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cholinergic receptor agonists; Serotonin 4 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Constipation
Most Recent Events
- 23 Sep 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Constipation in USA (PO)
- 14 Jun 2002 Phase-I clinical trials in Constipation in Japan (unspecified route)