Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Luitpold Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 19 Apr 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hepatitis B in USA (PO)
- 31 Oct 2003 Protarga has been acquired by Luitpold Pharmaceuticals
- 14 Jun 2002 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis B in USA (PO)