Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2006
At a glance
- Originator Galileo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2003 Galileo Laboratories is now called Galileo Pharmaceuticals
- 14 Jun 2002 Preclinical trials in Stroke in USA (unspecified route)