Latest Information Update: 15 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-bile acid cotransporter-inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 31 May 2004 This compound is still in active development
- 02 Jul 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia (unspecified route)