Research programme: P80DOX-NP - AdvectusAlternative Names: Doxorubicin nanoparticle formulation; Doxorubicin nanoparticles - Advectus; P80 DOX-NP
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Advectus Life Sciences; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Class Anthracyclines; Cytostatic antibiotics; Doxorubicins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA synthesis inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 01 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)
- 04 Jul 2002 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)