Research programme: cancer vaccines - MGI Pharma Biologics/sanofi pasteur
Latest Information Update: 07 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator MGI Pharma Biologics; sanofi pasteur
- Class Cancer vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jan 2005 Aventis Pasteur is now called sanofi pasteur
- 31 Dec 2004 ZYCOS has been acquired by MGI Pharma and is now called MGI Pharma Biologics
- 27 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis