Research programme: alpha-particle radiotherapies - AlgetaAlternative Names: Alpha-particle emitters - Algeta; ATI-OC-1; ATI-OC-2; OC-3
Latest Information Update: 11 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator Algeta
- Class Radiopharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Ionising radiation emitters
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Ovarian cancer
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2014 Algeta has been acquired by Bayer
- 24 Feb 2009 Suspended - Preclinical for Ovarian cancer in Norway (Intraperitoneal)
- 29 Nov 2006 Preclinical development is ongoing with OC-3 for ovarian cancer