Research programme: GABA A receptor subtype agonists - Merck Sharp & DohmeAlternative Names: L-696; TP-003
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GABA A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anxiety disorders in USA (PO)
- 13 Jun 2006 Preclinical trials in Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)