Research programme: analgesics - Vernalis/XenomeAlternative Names: Analgesics research programme - Vernalis/Xenome
Latest Information Update: 09 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Vernalis; Xenome
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jul 2005 Ionix Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into Vernalis
- 05 Apr 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 11 Jul 2002 Preclinical trials in Pain in United Kingdom (unspecified route)