RelacatibAlternative Names: 462795; GSK-462795; SB-462795
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Human Genome Sciences
- Class Azepines; Osteoporosis therapies; Sulfones
- Mechanism of Action Cathepsin K inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer metastases; Osteoarthritis; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jan 2006 Phase-II clinical trials in Cancer metastases in USA (PO)
- 15 Dec 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Cancer metastases in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Dec 2003 This compound is still in active development