Research programme: maytansine analogues - Kosan Biosciences
Latest Information Update: 01 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Kosan Biosciences
- Class Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action DNA inhibitors; Mitosis inhibitors; Protein synthesis inhibitors; Tubulin polymerisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jun 2008 Kosan Biosciences has been acquired by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 26 Apr 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 10 Nov 2003 This programe is available for licensing (http://www.kosan.com)