IbipinabantAlternative Names: BMS 646256; SLV-319
Latest Information Update: 18 Nov 2008
At a glance
- Originator Solvay
- Class Antipsychotics; Imides; Obesity therapies; Pyrazoles; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Psychotic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Obesity in USA (PO)
- 08 Nov 2006 Phase-II clinical trials in Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Oct 2006 Solvay has completed phase I studies in Obesity in Europe