Interferon-beta/EMZ 701Alternative Names: EMZ701 + interferon-β; IFN-β + EMZ701; Interferon-beta combination therapy - Transition Therapeutics; Interferon-enhancing therapy for multiple sclerosis - Transition Therapeutics; MS-I.E.T.
Latest Information Update: 23 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Transition Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Multiple sclerosis in Canada (unspecified route)
- 01 Feb 2005 Transition Therapeutics has initiated enrolment in a phase II trial for multiple sclerosis in Canada
- 01 Nov 2004 This therapy is available for licensing (http://www.transitiontherapeutics.com)