PRIMA-1Alternative Names: p53 reactivation and induction of massive apoptosis
Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Karolinska Institute; Russian Academy of Sciences
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Tumour suppressor protein p53 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 20 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in Russia (unspecified route)
- 21 Aug 2002 Preclinical trials in Cancer in Sweden (unspecified route)