L 870810Alternative Names: L 000870810; L-870810
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiretrovirals; Naphthyridines
- Mechanism of Action HIV integrase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jul 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 11 Mar 2005 Data presented at the 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2005) have been added to the adverse events and Viral Infections therapeutic trials sections
- 08 Sep 2004 Data presented at the 228th ACS National Meeting (228-ACS-2004) have been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section