Research programme: human cytomegalovirus inhibitors - GPC Biotech/4SCAlternative Names: HCMV kinase inhibitors - GPC Biotech/4SC
Latest Information Update: 23 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator 4SC; GPC Biotech AG
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Phosphotransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cytomegalovirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Cytomegalovirus infections treatment in Germany (unspecified route)
- 02 Mar 2005 Axxima Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into GPC Biotech AG
- 03 Sep 2002 Preclinical trials in Cytomegalovirus infections in Germany (unspecified route)