Haematopoietic stem cell therapy - Asterias BiotherapeuticsAlternative Names: Haematological disorders-hESC therapy - BioTime; Haematological disorders-hESC therapy - Geron
Latest Information Update: 01 Apr 2014
At a glance
- Originator Geron Corporation
- Developer Asterias Biotherapeutics
- Class Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bone marrow disorders; Haematological disorders