At a glance
- Originator Rega Institute for Medical Research; University of Wales
- Developer FermaVir Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Pyrimidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes zoster
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Herpes zoster in USA (Topical)
- 20 Sep 2007 FermaVir Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Inhibitex
- 20 Sep 2007 Data presented at the 47th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2007) added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section