NS 220Alternative Names: NS-220; R 1593
Latest Information Update: 24 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Shinyaku
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Dioxanes; Oxazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Lipid metabolism disorders; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 24 May 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)
- 24 May 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Lipid metabolism disorders in Japan (unspecified route)
- 24 May 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Atherosclerosis in Japan (unspecified route)