Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapeutics - EisaiAlternative Names: AD genetics programme - Eisai; Alzheimer's disease genetics programme - Eisai
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator TorreyPines Therapeutics Inc
- Developer Eisai Co Ltd
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 10 Nov 2008 TorreyPines Therapeutics sells its Alzheimer's disease genetics programme to Eisai
- 22 Oct 2008 TorreyPines Therapeutics is actively seeking to sell/out-license this research programme (http://www.torreypinestherapeutics.com)
- 28 Sep 2007 Eisai and TorreyPines Therapeutics extend their existing genetics discovery collaboration in Alzheimer's disease for an additional year