Research programme: cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors - Almirall Prodesfarma
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Almirall-Prodesfarma
- Developer Almirall S.A
- Class Pyrans; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Rheumatic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Aug 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 19 Sep 2002 Preclinical trials in Rheumatic disorders in Spain (PO)