Research programme: PPAR gamma agonists - VitaAlternative Names: PPAR gamma receptor agonists research programme - Vita; VDO 52
Latest Information Update: 08 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator Vita
- Class Thiazolidinediones
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 03 Sep 2004 Grupo Vita is now called Vita
- 03 Sep 2004 Grupo Vita has been acquired by Procter & Gamble
- 19 Sep 2002 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Spain (unspecified route)