At a glance
- Originator University of Pennsylvania
- Developer GE Healthcare
- Class Organotechnetium compounds; Radiopharmaceutical diagnostics; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Single-photon emission-computed tomography enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 11 Sep 2006 No development reported - Preclinical investigation for diagnosis of Parkinson's disease in USA (IV)
- 16 Apr 2004 Amersham has merged with GE Medical Systems to form GE Healthcare
- 02 Oct 2002 Preclinical investigation for diagnosis of Parkinson's disease in USA (IV)