Research programme: HIV-1 inhibitors - MymeticsAlternative Names: N-36E; S-291
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine; Mymetics Corporation
- Class Peptides
- Mechanism of Action HIV envelope protein gp41 inhibitors; HIV fusion inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-1-infections in United Kingdom
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in HIV-1-infections in USA
- 01 Apr 2003 Data presented at the 10th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2003) have been added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section